Re: Can I execute a PL/SQL Procedure from an ASP Page ?

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 14:06:04 +0100

You will want to create an ADO command object and set the command text to the name of the procedure and add parameters if necessary.

something like (NB this is off the top of my head so won't work without reading up on ADO)

set cmd = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Command")

with cmd

    .parameters.add "uname", advarchar
    .connection = myConn
    .commandtext= "myProc"

end with

cmd.parameters("uname").value = strUsername ' from form

cmd.executenonquery

set cmd= nothing

Searching google "execute stored procedure asp" also turns up some likely examples.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA