Re: to_date in oracle 9i with time zone

From: harris <harris_m_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 14 Jun 2003 19:51:51 -0700

There is no point getting emotional, which often happens when don't know or can not find information.

I am looking for answer to very specific problem. I did looked into documentation from Oracle before posting question here.

Check this page-

http://www.csis.gvsu.edu/GeneralInfo/Oracle/server.920/a96540/sql_elements4a.htm#48515

Search for TZD or PDT

Besides this Oracle documentation talks about setting variables such as - NLS_DATE_FORMAT, which does not address my problem - which is given any date and time with "daylight saving" information, save and retrieve it with "daylight saving" information.

I would appriciate if any answer to "Daylight saving into Oracle 9i". If Oracle 9i does not really support it as it says in advertizments, there are always "way around", which people have used in Oracle 8i.

Harris M.