Re: Oracle Takeover Bid of PeopleSoft Falls Through

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 10:14:18 -0700

"Joseph P. Marino" wrote:

> "Goldfinger" <goldfgn_at_telus.net> wrote in message news:<a11Ga.992095$vw6.7206856_at_news.easynews.com>...
> > But I think Larry is gonna try again because they have no other way to grow.
> > And I do hope Larry is gonna prevail finally because it's good for us Oracle
> > DBA.
>
> I don't think Larry will prevail, if Oracle does takeover PeopleSoft,
> they will be treading in antitrust territory. Also not to mention his
> bid was very low, considering PeopleSoft just acquired J.D. Edwards.
> PeopleSoft is worth more in the long run, that's just my opinion.

If Larry wants it Larry will get it. Antitrust won't get involved as long as SAP, Siebel and BAAN exist. And Larry's friend Bill is working on a product or two too.

Go for it Larry. And after you've bought it ... if they can't understand the concept of a foreign key ... close 'em down.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu