Re: Check constraint violated

From: Me <somebudy_at_despammed.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 18:21:28 +0530

On Sat, 14 Jun 2003 11:33:48 +0000, andrewst wrote:

>Originally posted by Me
>> On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 21:33:43 +0530, Me wrote:
>> >2) How can I put a check constraint that allows entering data
>> into apointee only
>> >if the nominee's age is lesser than 18?
>>
>> Could someone help me with this constraint.
>ALTER TABLE apointee
>ADD CONSTRAINT chk_nominee_age CHECK (age < 18);

No, that would not work. What I mean is this: There are two separate relations by name nominee and apointee; a policy holder will always have a nominee, if the nominee is a minor only then he will have an apointee whose age _will_ have to be greater than 18.

At the same time the proposer's nominee's age must be lesser than 18 (minor)

Thanks. Received on Sat Jun 14 2003 - 07:51:28 CDT