Re: Check constraint violated

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 18:42:37 +0200

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 21:50:31 +0530, Me <somebudy_at_despammed.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 16:16:37 GMT, Scott Mattes wrote:
>
>>Have you looked in all_constraints to find out what is wrong?
>
>I did not understand :(
>
>>It is a GOOD practice to specify the fields list on inserts.
>Ok.I'll follow it.
>
>But is there a way of making oracle generate a different kind of, more
>informative error message?
>
>Thanks.

That would start with *naming* the constraints appropiately, wouldn't it. Just open your manual for the first time, and reading 'constraint clause' in the 'sql reference manual'.
We are not going to do your work for you for free

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Fri Jun 13 2003 - 11:42:37 CDT