Re: Oracle 9i install ate my Microsoft IIS 5

From: Jutta <juttaedith_at_yahoo.fr>
Date: 12 Jun 2003 07:05:48 -0700

"oracle" <__yh__at_usa.net> wrote in message news:<bc9m6e$h1mbe$1_at_ID-158805.news.dfncis.de>...
> If I may , I only remember suggesting that I want to switch control between
> both not turn them BOTH off.
> Why don't I go ahead & uninstall my Windows OS & uninstall my
> computer & uninstall my house already :)
>

> "Paul Drake" <drak0nian_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > "oralcle" <___linux____at_usa.net> wrote in message
> > > My IIS 5 was working fine before I installed Oracle 9i.
> > >
> > > Then the IIS 5 stopped working.
> > > Upon investigation, when I type http:// localhost in my browser, it
> points
> > > to freaking
> > > Apache webserver.
> > > This is good in a way 'cause I can now learn Apache but how the hell do
> > > switch the control between IIS 5 & Apache ?
> >
> > if you aren't using them, uninstall them both.
> >
> > Pd

Hello,
there is a better, more useful way - if you want to have both up and running eg. for testing then try to get one of them listening to another port
I had eg. on my Linux Box the original Apache coming with my distro on port 8080 and the iAS (powered by apache) on port 7777. look for your startup scripts (which are started by services under Windows) and change the port (maybe there are add. changes in httpd.conf too and maybe IIE5 has something similar ....) Iīm currently not at home to look and havenīt it completely in my mind ....
JE Received on Thu Jun 12 2003 - 09:05:48 CDT