Validate date from VB to insert into Oracle table

From: Me <me_at_privacy.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 18:05:17 +0530

I have a problem in that the date format of VB and that of oracle 8i don't match

For example:
Private Sub Command1_Click()
  ' Check user input
If Not IsDate(Text1) Then
  MsgBox "Sorry! That is not a valid date or Date/Time.", vbCritical & vbOK, "Error"
  Exit Sub
End If

Validates a date for VB but the same date format is not compatible with Oracle and I get an error when I try to insert values. How can this be solved?

Next, when ever I try to insert wrong values into tables from vb Eg a null value into an attribute that cannot be null, I get an error and the VB project is ended. How can I prevent this? i.e.
Is there a way to get the error message (from oracle) show it to the user and then continue running the project?

This question is probably for a VB group, but you know, I kind of feel at home here; after being flamed many times :)

Thanks. Received on Thu Jun 12 2003 - 07:35:17 CDT