Composite Primary Key...?

From: dave <dmusicman_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 07:53:17 -0700

I am a student learning Database Modelling and we are using Sql*Plus as our tool.

   My text book talks about the "viability" of using a composite primary key......

     This is mentioned in say Chapter 3 of a 10 chapter text....
       If I try to create a  "composite" primary key in Oracle I get the
message that:
       "table can only have one primary key".  I have read ahead and checked
out normalization..
       sooooo.... can I assume that Oracle only "Accepts" Create Table with
the said
       table in 3rd Normal Form.... Or am I simply getting the syntax
wrong.....
        Or am I out to lunch........
           Any advice help would be appreciated  D.Moore (45 year old rookie
student) Received on Thu Jun 12 2003 - 09:53:17 CDT