sorting within a group

From: Michael Sterling <stermic_at_gw.co.jackson.mo.us>
Date: 10 Jun 2003 13:40:08 -0700

ok, here's the situation. i created a formula for to get the month out of this date field. the steps i took are as follows, i first took the month from the date field:

Month({occup_main.occupied_date})

this gave me the month in a number form. i.e. 1.00 = january.....12.00 = december.

then, since i wanted the name of the month to show on the report instead of that number i did this:

MonthName(Month({occup_main.occupied_date}))

then i made a group from this formula. the problem is that my records are now grouped in the wrong order. in other words, when ever i run my report my data is grouped in the alphabetical order of the months. in other words..

April

     some records for april
     .
     .
August
     .
     .
     some records for august

.
.
.
.

September

i want to order the months the way are gregorian calender has them ordered, january, february, march, april......december. how do i do this Received on Tue Jun 10 2003 - 15:40:08 CDT