Suggestions on "Normalizing" a Spreadsheet USer 8)

From: Tim Marshall <tmarshal_at_morgan.ucs.mun.ca>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 13:54:15 -0230

I have a bit of a challenge at work which I sure many of you have run into before. There is someone who has designed a web interface for the local university but her experience is with spreadsheets. As a result, the application produces several tables that are essentially duplicated data that I am expected to do database things with (bringing data from these generated tables into one of several proper relational databases I use, for example). Multiple tables = redundant data = headaches for me.

I would like to be able to direct her to some site which gives basics of database design, in language a newbie or a spreadsheet person can understand. Especially the idea of using ONE table and developing queries to look at different aspects of the data.

Thanks very much in advance for any suggestions. 8)

--
Tim - http://www.ucs.mun.ca/~tmarshal/
 ^o<