Re: extracting data from a table

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_attbi.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 14:42:42 GMT

Did you look instr,substr and to_char up in the docs? The name might be problematic since some might have a middle name or a JR etc. Bad practice to store names that way. Anyway you need to look up those functions in the SQL Reference manual. (look in the table of contents, they are listed right there.)
You can go to otn.oracle.com and sign up for free and have access to the documentation and even down load it.
Jim

--
Replace part of the email address: kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_attbi.com
with family.  Remove the negative part, keep the minus sign.  You can figure