Re: Oracle setup help

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2003 06:32:01 GMT

Michael Nol wrote:

> Hi Hans
>
> Thanks for the response. Oracle is not a completely new environement
> (currently completeing an IT degree) but I am definately a novice.
>
> Do you have any info about the second part of my question - linking an
> oracle frontend to Access database tables??
>
> Thanks
>
> Michael

Oracle has a bunch of intrinsic capabilities that are included - you might start with reading a bit about Heterogeneous Services and possibly external tables. There is also the possibility of using XML for interchange, ODBC, .net services, and a few other variants. A lot depends on how you want to interact with Access. Received on Sun Jun 08 2003 - 01:32:01 CDT