Re: great sql-file and how can I run this file...

From: Scott Mattes <Scott_at_TheMattesFamily.ws>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 15:55:22 GMT

You can not use any of the free file splitting utilities because you have to make sure that the split occurs between INSERT statements.

If you are doing this on your PC, you could use UTL_FILE. But you'll have to mess with setting up directories for reading/writing the files (search these news groups for UTL_FILE and directory).

If you have Reports you could use TEXT_IO (same calls as UTL_FILE), but file i/o is on the client's side (your PC).

If you have a real pgming language it is a simple pgm to write: read and write lines until ctr gets to desired size then close output file and create another.

I could write you a quick and dirty util to do it, but unless you have Delphi you'd have to take my word for it that all it did was what I said. And, if you have Delphi, see the previous para.

Maybe you could import it to a spread sheet????

"thomas" <spam.thomas_at_t-online.de> wrote in message news:bbq9t5$tq5$02$1_at_news.t-online.com...
> thanks for the answer.
> and how is the best way to cut the file ??
>
> :-) thomas
>
> "Scott Mattes" <Scott_at_TheMattesFamily.ws> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > Split it into bite size chunks, say 100M each, and put a commit at the
end
> > of each one.
> >
> > "thomas" <spam.thomas_at_t-online.de> wrote in message
> > > hello all,
> > >
> > > I've a great sql-file with 1.2 GigaByte (GB!).
> > > in this file (created with toad and export data) are only
> > insert-statments.
> > >
> > > how can I insert thís in the database. I use a workstatio with
PIII-Xeon