user_exit and oracle forms6 on linux

From: Giuseppe Sacco <eppesuig_at_users.sourceforge.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 10:54:25 GMT

Hi,
we are tring to port oracle an application from oracle forms4 on windows to oracle forms6 on linux. The database oracle was 7.3.4 on HP 10.20 and now is 9.2.0.3 on linux 2.4.18. (Debian GNU/Linux testing)

Our migration should not change the application, as much as possible. We already ported forms and library (pll) and now we are converting the user_exit calls.

The user_exit was used in order to call some external functions for reading/writing to the serial ports, for reading/wrinting file .INI and for getting environment variables.

We rewrote all functions in C and created a .o file using the proc (from oracle RDBMS 9i2) and then linked the new form6 (that uses oracle 8.0.6) in order to get a new executable f60runmx.

To make this executable we followed the instructions in http://dco-proxima.dco.pima.edu/oracle/bb/c0030/bb00001.htm

The User_Exit call is made and returns the Error_Code 0, but the variable that shound contains the result is empty.

We debugged the C code and found that the C function is called with the correct parameters. After computing the result values, the C function send back the results using the prsset function that internally uses EXEC TOOLS SET :varname VALUES(:buffer)

The problem is that in oracle, after the User_Exit call, the variable varname doesn't get the correct value.

Do you have any other experience about this?

Thank you very much,
Giuseppe Sacco & Ferruccio Zamuner Received on Fri Jun 06 2003 - 05:54:25 CDT