Re: Database Tuning Issue or Redesign ??

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_attbi.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 14:16:22 GMT

What is the explain plan and the tk prof output? Also analyzing isn't going to do much if you insist on putting in a rule hint. Are you using bind variables? If not do so.
Jim

--
Replace part of the email address: kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_attbi.com
with family.  Remove the negative part, keep the minus sign.  You can figure
"Tony Rees" <antonie.rees_at_btinternet.com> wrote in message

> Dear Gurus,
>
> I have in the last couple of months been working on a project to trap all
> techniciam test data onto an Oracle 817 database. I am using an AMDOCS
> formerly Clarify application. Here is the problem I am now facing:-
>
> When doing a simple select from a table it is taking ages to return the
data
> back. Here is the statement
>
> select /*+rule*/
> * from table_x_audit_hdr where x_detail_number = 'RMA-61214-1'
>
> I have created relevant indexes and analysed both tables and indexes and
by
> looking at the plan for the above statement it is deffinately using the
> indexes which have been refreshed. There are only 1200 records in the
above
> table so this statement should be working really quickly.
>
> The Table that I had to create has just over 600 fields in it !!!. My
DBA's