Re: Oracle XML Parser Problems

From: FC <flavio_at_tin.it>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 15:51:34 GMT

"Michael Haggerty" <mhaggerty_at_mbda.gov> wrote in message news:a83d9e3a.0305301111.69069c47_at_posting.google.com...

> The following error come up each time I attempt to make a call to the
> parser in PL/SQL:
>
> ORA-29540: class oracle/xml/parser/plsql/XMLParserCover does not exist
>
> Now, a quick check of all_objects says the parser is present and
> valid. Oddly enough, this statement is being returned within a
> procedure which compiled successfully - seems to me Oracle would not
> let the prodedure compile were it not present.

XMLPARSERCOVER is a PLSQL package specification wrapping methods of the java class oracle/xml/parser/plsql/XMLParserCover. XMLPARSER in turn exposes some procedure and functions from XMLPARSERCOVER. Said that, the error you are getting happens at run-time because the PLSQL wrapper does not attempt to resolve the class at compile time but when you invoke its methods.

The only way I found to reproduce that error message on my system was to rename the class to a nonexistent object in the PLSQL wrapper. This makes me believe that your xml java environment is not correctly set up.

What's the result of executing the following query under the same user?

select * from all_objects where lower(object_name) like '%parsercover%';

Bye,
Flavio Received on Tue Jun 03 2003 - 10:51:34 CDT