Re: Can't email using utl_smtp

From: Pavel Vetesnik <Pavel.Vet_at_volny.cz>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 16:50:14 +0200

> Pavel,
>
> not sure whether it's relevant (as the mailserver messages do suggest
> everything is OK) but the value I use for "domain" is the name of the
server
> hosting the Oracle database not the server hosting the mailserver.
>
> Good luck anyway.
>

> Paul Dixon

Hi Paul,

so it finally works! The problem was somewhere within hierarchy of our mail servers (they are 2, they have different names for users, I called the "wrong one", ....etc...). To be honest - I don't have big knowledge about this :-).
But after talking with our administrator guy everything became clear and now I can send emails using "utl_smtp" package without problems.

So thank you very much for your cooperation and I hope that someday I will be able to help you!
Pavel Received on Tue Jun 03 2003 - 09:50:14 CDT