CLOB length problem

From: Charles Griswold <cgriswold_at_attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 00:35:20 GMT

I have a JDBC-Oracle app that reads and writes XML streams to CLOBs. For both reading and writing, I use a preparedstatement to get a Clob object and use either a stream reader or writer to access the xml data. In the situation where I shorten the XML stream and update the CLOB, the next time I read in the XML stream it has data from a previous update on the end of the XML stream. I was expecting the CLOB to remember the length of the last time it was written
Has anyone had a similar experience? Do you have to manage the length yourself?

Any experiences appreciated....
Charles Griswold Received on Sun Jun 01 2003 - 19:35:20 CDT