Oracle Forms VS Java

From: Daniel Frechette <daniel_at_multipro.ca>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 03:23:49 GMT

Good day,

I'm currently working on a project to modify an existing system that was developed in Oracle Forms 4.5 (Web-enabled) and Java (J2EE, JRun, Oracle DB). I now have a new application to develop but I don't know if it should be done in Forms or Java. The new application has to be light and accessible through a Web browser. I'm trying to assess the pros and cons of both approaches but I know very little about Forms. Can anyone tell me what are the TRUE ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES of Oracle Forms? Does anyone know of any studies or architecture comparisons that might be helpful?

Thank you,
Daniel Received on Thu May 29 2003 - 22:23:49 CDT