Re: Indexing for Oracle Text

From: Thomas Hesse <thomas.hesse_at_team.xtra.co.nz.nospam>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 09:24:11 +1200

Hi Can,

When you are building the text index oracle is storing the tokens in DR$<>$I and they are store either in UPPERCASE or MIXEDCASE (lexer pref: MIXED_CASE). If you have your index created with MIXED_CASE=YES then both queries will find the correct documents:

because oracle is using UPPER(tokens) and then search in the index.

Is that what you wanted to know ?

Thomas