Re: Displaying Oracle Client Version Number

From: Ian Smith <ian.smith_at_coabis.com>
Date: 29 May 2003 07:01:46 -0700

"Vladimir M. Zakharychev" <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com> wrote in message news:<bb4lp4$1ls$1_at_babylon.agtel.net>...
> "Ian Smith" <ian.smith_at_coabis.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does anyone out there know how to display the exact version number of
> > the Oracle Client being used?
> >
> > Oracle don't appear to use version numbers in their DLL's properties
> > and nls parameters only store the version number of the Database.
> >

> Depends on where you want to display it - on the machine where
> client software resides, or in a database to which this client is
> connected. OUI will show you the former (or you may try to
> dig through the OUI inventory XML files yourself - it's in
> $ORACLE_HOME/inventory/ContentsXML and the file you're after is
> comps.xml - look for <PATCHSET> with largest VER attribute and
> that will be the client libs version), but I am not aware of any method
> to achieve the latter.

I was after a way of displaying the version number in the Delphi applications which we produce. Depending on the way in which the Oracle client is deployed, OUI might not be present on the client PC. For example, we use 'Snow' to deploy software within our organisation and we don't include the OUI. Thanks anyway. Received on Thu May 29 2003 - 09:01:46 CDT