Re: Displaying Oracle Client Version Number

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 14:00:52 +0400

"Ian Smith" <ian.smith_at_coabis.com> wrote in message news:a3e5d37f.0305290116.640020b9_at_posting.google.com...
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone out there know how to display the exact version number of
> the Oracle Client being used?
>
> Oracle don't appear to use version numbers in their DLL's properties
> and nls parameters only store the version number of the Database.

Depends on where you want to display it - on the machine where client software resides, or in a database to which this client is connected. OUI will show you the former (or you may try to dig through the OUI inventory XML files yourself - it's in $ORACLE_HOME/inventory/ContentsXML and the file you're after is comps.xml - look for <PATCHSET> with largest VER attribute and that will be the client libs version), but I am not aware of any method to achieve the latter.