Re: For gurus: DBMS_HS_PASSTHROUGH & SQL Server

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 19:11:05 +0200

On Mon, 26 May 2003 17:15:51 +0200, "Bruno D." <bdurren_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi to everyone,
>
>I try to use DBMS_HS_PASSTHROUGH package in order to access to an MS SQL
>Server database. It works but it seems there's a limit of 4000 characters
>for the
>function GET_VALUE, even if the target is a clob.
>
>Has anyone any experience in that domain ? Thank in advance for your answers
>!

Have you ever tried finding out the definition of the get_value function (from DBA_ARGUMENTS). I have the strange feeling GET_VALUE returns a varchar2, so that is your answer, as varchar2s have a limit of 4000 bytes

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Mon May 26 2003 - 12:11:05 CDT