Question about OCI fetch

From: music4 <music4_at_163.net>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 10:44:56 +0800

Hello,

After using OCI about 1 year, I'm a little confused now. In OCI programing, say I define a select statment, if the select statement only return one record, or I only want to get the first record, then I don't need to do fetch. But if I want to get several records, then I have to use fetch in loop.

My confuse is that, since even if I don't do fetch, I can get the first record, does that mean first call to fetch don't do fetch since the fist record has been fetched?

It seems it's a silly question. But I'm really confused. Please help me get out this puzzle! Thanks in advance!

Evan Received on Thu May 22 2003 - 21:44:56 CDT