Re: Oracle Licensing

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 00:03:09 GMT

Angelo Amoruso wrote:

> First of all thanks for your prompt answer.
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong: using "Named Licenses" I have to buy a licence
> for each user accessing the DB. Say 10 users and just have to buy 10
> licenses. So the overall cost is just 10 x license price.
> Each on board processor (CPU) will count as 1 user?

Correction ....

You have 10 users, they have names, so you buy *a minimum* of 10 Named User Plus licenses - one per user's name. (And you do NOT buy any extra for the CPU.) Now, check the minimum requirements (link on the price page at http://oraclestore.oracle.com). It should say something like "you need to purchase at least X Named User Plus licenses for each CPU on which the Oracle database will be installed." It will also say something like "Standard Edition can only be loaded on servers capable of a maximum of 4 CPUs". Received on Thu May 22 2003 - 19:03:09 CDT