Oracle Licensing

From: MyName <email_at_email.com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 19:40:26 GMT

Hi All,
I've a question about Oracle Licensing I am not able to resolve on my own. I've read the licensing docs available on the www.oracle.com site, but still I cannot figure how correctly I'd estimate my licensing costs.

The docs talks about a "Processor License" and "Named User Plus".

I cannot understand when actually I have to buy
- "Processor License" (which costs about $14K )

I'm planning to adopt Oracle 9i (standard version) on a 2 Processor Win 2k machine, and the databases will be accessed by a Windows Terminal machine (10 users) and 16 others PCs.

The correct license count is the following one?

DB Server:
2 named licenses (1 per processor)

Terminal server:
1 named licenses (1 per processor)
10 named licenses (1 per user)

PCs
16 licenses (1 per user/PC)

Or do I've to do the following:

DB Server
2 processor license (1 per processor)

Terminal server

1 processor license     (1 per processor)
10 named licenses       (1 per user)

etc.

Thanks for your help!

Bye,