Re: AUST Only: Training Course by Jonathan Lewis

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 11:44:13 -0700

"Edward J. Prochak" wrote:

> sdg wrote:
> > You arrogant hypocrite twit. What do you think that crap at the end of any of your post is?
> []
>
> It's called a "Signature". It is not the message itself. Daniels is all of
> four lines.
>
> Jonathan can and does use a signature (One of his postings has a sig of
> 18lines not counting empty lines! though his standard is three).
>
> Daniel has never objected to a sig with advertisement.
>
> and note that I'm posting this one from my work account, so according to you I
> am also now spamming the group.
>
> Get your facts straight before calling names.
>
> and get a real email address. 8^)
>
> --
> Edward J. Prochak --- Magic Interface, Ltd.
> Ofc: 440-498-3700 --- 7295 Popham Place, Solon, OH 44139
> on the web at --- http://www.magicinterface.com
> email: ed.prochak_at_magicinterface.com

A sig is contact information. It is how people can contact you. And is not considered spam.

That, as you point out, is acceptable by any usenet standard I have ever seen and is a far cry from:
Our company has released a new product called XYZ That slices, dices, and plays David Bowie CDs Come visit our web site and bring your credit card with you.

Speaking of which I wonder whether my comments about Abelour and Richard's about Bowie will now be viewed as cheap promotional stunts. Next thing Peter and Howard will get nicked for promoting tourism to Australia not that I would much care. Some people seem capable of being offended by the sun coming up.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu