Re: ORA-01747 error using Table Data Editor

From: MrStevie <member30059_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 10:02:41 +0000

This is because the column you have called 'NAME' is an Oracle keyword. You should change it to FULLNAME or something else other than a keyword. I've been having similar problems with columns named OPTION and DESC, i've had to change these.

There's 660 reserved words in oracle (my version of 8i at least) of things not to call your columns.. these are obtained by doing a select:

"select keyword from V$reserved_words"

Hope this helps solve your problem.