Re: query trigger

From: Ahmad <amabsout_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 11:18:40 +0400

ORA-00904 invalid column name

Cause: The column name entered is either missing or invalid.

Action: Enter a valid column name. A valid column name must begin with a letter, be less than or equal to 30 characters, and consist of only alphanumeric characters and the special characters $, _, and #. If it contains other characters, it must be enclosed in double quotation marks. It may not be a reserved word.

Try to do the following

1- check to see if query returns more than one row

2- Remove the Order by clause or (replace it by Order by 2 or Order by sum(number) )

Good Luck

"drukqs" <invalid.drukqs_at_NOpandoraSPAM.belgie> wrote in message news:Xns93818C94AB602invaliddrukqspandora_at_195.130.132.69...
> Hello
>
> I have here a query to show the computers that are sold most. Now I like
> use this into a form. I use oracle developper form builder 6i.
> Here is the query:
>
> SELECT pcnr, sum(number) AS n
> FROM orders
> GROUP BY pcnr
> ORDER BY n desc;
>
> This works. But if I put it in a when-button-pressed trigger I get an
> error.
> This is the query in the trigger:
>
> SELECT pcnr, sum(number) AS n
> into :testblock.pc, :testblock.number
> FROM orders
> GROUP BY pcnr
> ORDER BY n desc;
>
> When I push the button I get this error:
> FRM-40735: WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED trigger raised unhandled exception
ORA-00904