Re: newbie-desc command

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 15:47:17 -0700

Me wrote:

> On Tue, 20 May 2003 10:42:04 -0700, Daniel Morgan wrote:
> :<snip>
>
> They (and even the syllabus) tend to focus more on the theory and ER
> diagrams etc. and less on actually implementing it in a real language
> such as SQL.
> Are they right, in a way?
>
> In your opinion what needs more focus? :)
>
> Thanks a lot.

My answer is both.

There is an old Irish proverb:
"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there."

In the context of Oracle education:
"If you don't understand what you are doing any syntax will get you there."

But all theory and no practical experience is equally lacking in value: As I said above: Both!

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu