Re: newbie-desc command

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 22:46:27 +0200

On Wed, 21 May 2003 00:23:21 +0530, Me <me_at_privacy.net> wrote:

>On Tue, 20 May 2003 10:42:04 -0700, Daniel Morgan wrote:
>:<snip>
>
>They (and even the syllabus) tend to focus more on the theory and ER
>diagrams etc. and less on actually implementing it in a real language
>such as SQL.
>Are they right, in a way?
>
>In your opinion what needs more focus? :)
>
>Thanks a lot.

I'm positive we don't need more GUI-trained monkeys who don't know anything about relational theory, before they start designing their first production app. (I'm NOT joking, most of the database I administer run applications designed by people who have only been exposed to a 'point and shoot' training)

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Tue May 20 2003 - 15:46:27 CDT