Re: sql statement for creating tablespace

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 20 May 2003 06:11:01 -0700

"myhome" <myhome_at_home.hk> wrote in message news:<3eca03a3_at_shknews01>...
> i used this statement to create user:
> create user admin identified by ADMIN
> default tablespace ADMIN_DATA
> temporary tablespace TEMP_ADMIN
> quota unlimited on ADMIN_DATA
> quota unlimited on ADMIN_INDEX;
>
> It said it cannot create becoz no ADMIN_DATA is exist, so I create this
> tablespace by this statement:
> create tablespace ADMIN_DATA datafile
> '/export/home/oradata/db/admin_data01.dbf' size 1M;
> But how to create a temporary tablespace TEMP_ADMIN? I cannot create it by
> this:
> create tablespace TEMP_ADMIN datafile
> '/export/home/oradata/db/temp_admin01.dbf' size 1M temporary;
>

> thx

Thx, why not pull out the SQL manual and look up create tablespace?

There are multiple ways to create a temporary tablespace depending on your version of Oracle. You first have to decide which kind you want.

create temporary tablespace temp tempfile 'xxx' size n create tablespace temp temporary datafile 'xxx' size n create tablespace temp [permanent] datafile 'xxx' size n

You need to see the manuals to determine which type is best for your situation.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Tue May 20 2003 - 08:11:01 CDT