Oracle HTTP Server fail to start

From: Jeffrey Yee <jeffyee_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 20 May 2003 00:13:08 -0700

Hi,

I have just install Oracle9i 9.0.1 on HP-UX and managed to create 2 databases. Unfortunately, when I try to startup the Oracle HTTP Server (apachectl start), it fails with the following error:

Syntax error on line 19 of
/u01/oracle/product/9.0.1/Apache/modose/conf/ose.conf: AuroraService - directive already in effect for this Server apachectl start: httpd could not be started

I realised that the port 7777 is already in use. So, I change the port and listen value from 7777 to 7778 for files httpd.conf and httpd.conf.default in /u01/oracle/product/9.0.1/Apache/Apache/conf.

Unfortunately, I still get the same error above.

The reason that I need to startup the Oracle HTTP Server is to start OEM console from the web browser.

Please do advice. Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,
Jeff Received on Tue May 20 2003 - 02:13:08 CDT