Re: Applets: DriverManager.registerDriver NoClassDefFoundError

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 19 May 2003 21:35:55 -0700

"Johann Strauss" <strauss_at_earthnet.com> wrote in message news:<_idya.6430$Io.552677_at_newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net>...

> Thank you so much for you help! I did items #1 and #2 with the result of
> getting the class registered.
>
> Now, however, I can't make a connection to the database. I am suspecting it
> is item #4 that you mentioned. I've gotten as far as getting the policy tool
> up and entering most of the permissions and actions. I'm not sure what the
> "target" is. I have put in "[hostname]:*" . Is that correct? Next problem
> is, when I click on done, nothing gets created! Even if I try to update the
> one in C:\j2sdk1.4.1_02\jre\lib\security, nothing get written back.
>
> Thanks again for your help!
>
> Donna

Forgot to mention in the previous post.

Instead of going thru policytool and .java.policy file setup, you can also manually add this line inside grant { }; block of C:\j2sdk1.4.1_02\jre\lib\security\java.policy file and it will work.

permission java.net.SocketPermission "hostname", "connect, resolve";

where hostname = database server hostname or IP address.

Regards
/Rauf Sarwar Received on Mon May 19 2003 - 23:35:55 CDT