SQL server to Oracle Migration

From: Nate Tobik <nathan.tobik_at_vigilantminds.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 14:10:17 -0400

Hi

     We are currently trying to migrate from SQL server to Oracle. But we're running into a problem with the values of the table. The datatype in SQL Server is an integer type, and in Oracle a number (10,0), the application we're using to connect with Oracle is reporting a "[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Program type out of range, state: S1003" error. What is happening is the program is looking for an integer and Oracle has a number. We changed the field from NUMBER (10,0) to NUMBER (9) in hopes that the ODBC driver would recognize the NUMBER (9) as an integer. It didn't work, does anyone have any ideas, or anythink we can try next? thank you.

Nate Tobik
VigilantMinds Received on Mon May 19 2003 - 13:10:17 CDT