Re: total newbie sql plus log on..?

From: Me <me_at_privacy.net>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 23:51:16 +0530

On Sat, 17 May 2003 11:14:33 -0700, dave moore wrote:

:hi .. I just installed Oracle lite... Learning Sql and database.... dont
:mean to be overly
: dumb... but what is my user name , password, and host string in the logon
:dialog
: as sql plus starts..... I really feel dumb..... :[ thx in advance
:D.Moore

I am a newbie too :)
May be this will help, I got it from the help of oracle 8i If it doesn't work accept my apologies.

Password
Type the password for the user name. If you are using a default user name, the following is a list of the passwords associated with the default user names.
If you haven’t already changed the defaults, you can use the following:

User Name	User Password
SCOTT	TIGER
SYSTEM	MANAGER
SYS	CHANGE_ON_INSTALL
DEMO	DEMO
PO8	PO8

Copyright (C) 1999, Oracle Corporation Received on Sat May 17 2003 - 13:21:16 CDT