Re: almost working

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 21:08:19 -0700

Paul Murphy wrote:

> I installed Oracle 9.2.0 on Red Hat 7.2. This may not be anywhere near
> enough info for an answer, and if so, just ignore my post. Here's the
> situation:
>
> I manaully (SQL statement) created a database with 3 redo logs and one
> datafile (system001.dbf). I did this with touch filname and when I
> executed the create database the files all gained their appropriate
> size. My alert log and trace files are working. The listener is running.
> I can log into SQL*Plus and do a startup mount and all that works fine.
> I can select from all the v$views. I think I'm pretty close to getting
> this working for the first time on Linux, but when I try to open the
> database I get:
>
> ERROR at line 1: ORA-01092: ORACLE instance terminated. Disconnection
> forced. In the alert log, it says ORA-01403: no data found
>
> I've done some faily extensive searching for ORA-01403 and it seems like
> people are getting this error in PL/SQL when now rows are returned. For
> a few seconds I thought that it was because I have to run catalog.sql
> and catproc.sql, but when I try (sys as sysdba in SQL*Plus) I obviously
> get database not open errors. Any thoughts? Thanks!
> -Paul Murphy

It would be helpful to see the SQL you used to create the database and to try to open it.

One thought is that your create script may not have created an undo tablespace as you haven't mentioned it. Did it? Does your init.ora -> spfile indicate an undo tablespace?

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu