almost working

From: Paul Murphy <pmurphy3_at_twcny.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 04:05:00 GMT

I installed Oracle 9.2.0 on Red Hat 7.2. This may not be anywhere near enough info for an answer, and if so, just ignore my post. Here's the situation:

I manaully (SQL statement) created a database with 3 redo logs and one datafile (system001.dbf). I did this with touch filname and when I executed the create database the files all gained their appropriate size. My alert log and trace files are working. The listener is running. I can log into SQL*Plus and do a startup mount and all that works fine. I can select from all the v$views. I think I'm pretty close to getting this working for the first time on Linux, but when I try to open the database I get:

ERROR at line 1: ORA-01092: ORACLE instance terminated. Disconnection forced. In the alert log, it says ORA-01403: no data found

I've done some faily extensive searching for ORA-01403 and it seems like people are getting this error in PL/SQL when now rows are returned. For a few seconds I thought that it was because I have to run catalog.sql and catproc.sql, but when I try (sys as sysdba in SQL*Plus) I obviously get database not open errors. Any thoughts? Thanks! -Paul Murphy Received on Thu May 15 2003 - 23:05:00 CDT