Re: Search Engine Oracle 8i

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 01:03:34 GMT

Lookai wrote:

> Excuse me for my English, "gere" meant "to manage".
> As regards the search engine, in fact, I would like to know how
> starting from string, to recover the terms one by one.
> Then according to whether these terms are to precede by one + or one
> -, to make that they are present or not in the answer.
> Thanx

Sorry - this is definitely outside of my scope. My guess is you will need to fully parse the text, possibly creating a PLSQL table with ordering capability as a first pass, then run through the table for the combinationals. I suspect this is expensive.

You might be able to shorten the sequence, but not eliminate the coding, using Oracle Text (it is free and included in the database).

Have you check the http://otn.oracle.com for code samples? Received on Thu May 15 2003 - 20:03:34 CDT