Re: Java vs Unix

From: Frank Foss <fozzie_beer_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 08:57:38 -0700

"ThePotPlants" <thepotplants_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ovCva.12495$vZ1.134338_at_news.xtra.co.nz...
> > Java - write once, debug everywhere
> Ahh thanks...
>
> > > Are there any pro's or cons in doing this? Can anyone think of any
> > > alternatives?
>
> > PERL's DBI/DBD interface
>
> I considered perl, but I thought it could be ripped off too easily.
> I'm wanting to use a language that, can't read/pilfered.
> (I'm wanting to sell the app to a couple of clients.)

Okay, I see your point, but isn't that pretty much what licence agreements are for?
Sell your intellectual property under a licence agreement that is sufficiently strict, and you should be able to recover your losses (in court, if needed)

Or, maybe I'm just missing the point entirely.

Foz Received on Thu May 15 2003 - 10:57:38 CDT