Problem getting data to "Orderby" in the way I want...

From: John Guthrie <john_at_guthrie.co.za>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 09:56:45 +0100

Hi all,

I have a column that contains data running from 1.1 to 1.16. This data is really 2 decimal numbers separated by a decimal point rather than a float.

If I do a Orderby to_number () in a select on this column, the data will display in the following order:

1.1

1.10

1.11

1.12

1.13

1.14

1.15

1.16

1.2

1.3

1.4

1.5

1.6

1.7

1.8

1.9

What I actually want is the following order:

1.1

1.2

1.3

1.4

1.5

1.6

1.7

1.8

1.9

1.10

1.11

1.12

1.13

1.14

1.15

1.16

Any ideas how I can go about getting the data to order in this way?

Appreciate the help,

John Guthrie Received on Thu May 15 2003 - 03:56:45 CDT