SQL*Loader question

From: Andrew <andyho99_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 14 May 2003 09:37:28 -0700

Hi,

I am trying to load a flat file into Oracle tables using SQL*Loader. There are 5 record types in the file. Only record type 1 is mandatory. In other word, the file is arranged by a group fashion. Each group may contain 1 to 5 records for each record type. Each record type will be loaded to corresponding target table. I need to generate sequence number for record type 1, and the remaining records in the same group should use the sequence number created for the record type 1.

Can I achieve what I want using SQL*LOADER? I couldn't find any control file examples that load multiple table and subsequent tables using the value from first table. Thanks Received on Wed May 14 2003 - 11:37:28 CDT