Re: Strange problem logging on...

From: Volker Hetzer <volker.hetzer_at_ieee.org>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 19:26:34 +0200

sqlplus kurs/kurs@$ORACLE_SID works too. Only when sqlplus has to take the SID from the environment, it fails.

> the simplest environment the target is defined in the tnsnames.ora on
> the client machine in the $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin directory.
>
> Therefore, how is your tnsnames.ora configured?

# TNSNAMES.ORA Network Configuration File: /opt/oracle/client/9.2.0.1.0/network/admin/tnsnames.ora # Generated by Oracle configuration tools. ECADTST.ECAD =

(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = database1.ecad)(PORT = 1521))
)
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVICE_NAME = ECADTST.ecad)
)
)

Anything wrong with that?

Greetings and thanks!
Volker

--
While it is a known fact that programmers
never make mistakes, it is still a good idea