Getting data from DB2 to Oracle 8.1.7 via transparent gateway

From: Elizabeth Carey <beth6230_at_thecareys.net>
Date: 12 May 2003 13:05:55 -0700

Hi,

I am struggling with getting data through the transparent gateway from DB2 tables to Oracle. I have the gateway setup and functioning (SELECT Count(*) FROM DB2Instance.JobTable_at_db2q returns a rowcount). Many of our tables are smallish, and come across the gateway with no problem - but we have a few tables that are rather large and the rollback segment has to be really big for it to work. Our DBA's will not allow a permanent "really big" rollback segment. What I would like to do is use the copycommit and arraysize statements to perform commits along the way as the data is brought across the gateway. The problem I have run into is how to specify the db2 connection when creating the "copy from". Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated. In the past, this has been done via SQLLoader from flat files. I would like to not do it that way if at all possible.

Thanks in advance!
Elizabeth Carey Received on Mon May 12 2003 - 15:05:55 CDT