Re: Newbie to Oracle: Question on SQLPLUS

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 17:24:12 GMT

cwtam_at_hotmail.com said...
> After changing the keyboard setting from US(international) to US, I can
> now type the single quote '. Before that I can only type ´.
>
> Thank you.
>
> CWT

On the US(international) keyboard, I think you type an apostrophe followed by another character to generate a letter with an acute above it. For example, to create an a-acute character (&aacute; in html), you type an apostrophy followed by an a. To create an o-umlaut (&ouml; in html), you type a colon followed by an o.

That's why you had to press the key twice; it was waiting for the letter to which it should add the acute.

--
/Karsten
DBA > retired > DBA