Re: question : select

From: Ed Prochak <edprochak_at_adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 14:44:40 GMT

(I normally bottom post, but my comments are inline of the top post]

delaigue wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Thank you for answering,
>
> 1 ) I've tried to run the subquery alone :
>
> select dossierid from demande where demandeid between '165000000' and
>   '170000000' and originedemande = 'e-Mail' and etatdemande = 'Transférée'
>
>  and it does work, it returns what is expected ( one number of lines )
>
> 2 ) Good remark : it seems to me that thetype of  "demandeid" is "number" ->
> it would be a good reason to make TOAD exit -> I will try without the quotes
> on monday ( when I am back at work )
>
> PS : what does "IOW" mean ?

shorthand for: In Other Words

> 3 ) Never any error code, TOADD simply runs and runs and runs and doesn't
> react any more to any command : I must force to stop the process TOADD from
> an external way ( by using the "task manager" of Windows )

Oh, so my comment about your english should be corrected instead of "run out" (which you say you meant it runs and runs) say "hangs" (which is generally used to mean the program does not respond)

> Good night

Well, It may take a TOAD user to help. I don't really see anything gravely wrong in your query.

Anyone else care to answer this?

--
Ed Prochak
running    http://www.faqs.org/faqs/running-faq/