Oracle 9i only getting first character of VARCHAR column

From: charles b black <cboozb_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 09:22:29 GMT

I am using the Oracle Provider for OLEDB to access an Oracle 9i database. I am trying to retrieve a specific column from a table. The column is VARCHAR type.
I don't get any errors when I call GetData, but when I look at the buffer , I can only see the first character of the field , the rest are 0's. Nothing I have tried so far has made any difference. I have tried changing the column data type from DBTYPE_WSTR to DBTYPE_STR. I have tried creating a bigger buffer. But all the changes have had no effect.

cbb Received on Mon May 12 2003 - 04:22:29 CDT