Re: JDBC and locally?

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 01:56:06 GMT

George Tryfon wrote:

> Hello and thank you for all this information
>
> It is cracking than I need to do
>
> I suppose that the db is in version 7.3 because I see a text file named
> "INITORCL_old.ora.txt" that contains the following line:
> compatible = 7.3.0.0.0

Simply means that the database engine is to use the functionality of 7.3 - this could be an 8.0 or even 8.1 database.

In this case, you really should go to Oracle consulting to get the database recovered. If you have the time, you could probably reverse the datafile structure from the DBA manuals at http://docs.oracle.com, then get at the system tablespace to get the reverse the dictionary.

(without proof of legitimacy, I'd feel uncomfortable giving more info at this time) Received on Sun May 11 2003 - 20:56:06 CDT