Is there a way to do this?

From: Sean <seanm1_at_sisna.com>
Date: 8 May 2003 22:52:35 -0700

Hello all,
I'm a VB developer that uses Oracle 8i. Is there a way to deny an ODBC connection to the database if the user is not using the VB program to access it? I'm having trouble making sure users are connecting to the Oracle data via my program and not another program (like SQL+, etc.).

Is there a way to set up a token in the connection string that would authenticate the program's connection request to Oracle? I'm not an Oracle expert and would not know the answer to this. Thanks,

Sean McElroy Received on Fri May 09 2003 - 00:52:35 CDT