Re: wan/lan oracle performance tuning

From: Antoine BRUNEL <antoinebrunel/yahoo.fr>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 02:33:21 +0200

This is a typical problem of scalability. As you saw, bandwith is not the most limiting parameter, but latency is.

As you are make lot of roundtrips between server and client, latency is the contention. If your application is really making small SQL statements, then you won't be able to change anything without changing the code.

A good solution, for you WAN clients, would be to use stored PLSQL, or even anonymous PLSQL blocks...